Here are some of the most common documents that may be required when applying for a mortgage. Having these documents ready could help your mortgage application go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Driver’s license and social security card
- Copies of two most recent pay stubs for each applicant
- Names and addresses of employers for the last two years
- W-2s for the last two years
- Copy of tax returns for the last two years
- Bank statements for the last two months
- Proof of pension income, if applicable
- Social Security and Disability payments, if applicable
- Dividend earnings or bonus, if applicable
- Divorce decree, if applicable
- Child support or alimony payments, if applicable
- Security accounts (stocks, bonds, life insurance)
- If self-employed: your year-to-date P&L statement
We will let you know what additional documentation is needed for specific loan options.
Once you have found the home you want and are ready to move forward with your mortgage application, we will need to a copy of the home purchase contract signed by you and the seller, and a copy of the earnest money deposit check.
Because every situation is different, you may be required to provide additional documentation. Contact us and we’ll help you determine what is needed.
Home Buyer Handbook
The information in this document covers the basics about buying a home, answers commonly asked questions and provides important do's and don'ts to consider.
Credit Score Handbook
Do you know your credit score will affect your ability to qualify for the best home loan rates and home loan products? That's why it's important for you to understand what a credit score is and how your financial activities directly influence your credit score.
First-time home buyer? Long-time homeowner looking to refinance? Or, looking for a reverse mortgage?
Nearly stress-free lending is only a phone call or click away.
Call 860 306-1666 to speak with a mortgage finance specialist about your unique financial situation. Or, fill out our basic application form so we can start you on your way to the custom loan program that’s right for you.