Here are some answers to frequently asked questions. If you still have questions about a home mortgage, please contact us. We’ll be happy to help!
Why should I choose Sojourn Mortgage?
We are award winning experienced professionals with a 25-year track record of customer satisfaction. With a highly ethical approach, Sojourn Mortgage’s clients know that their best interests will be protected throughout the loan process with their goals in mind.
Do you know the local market?
Yes! Our lending professionals live in central Connecticut and are very familiar with the Greater Hartford area.
Are you licensed?
Yes. Our NMLS license numbers are 1755437 and 25932.
We are also licensed in Florida.
Are you an Internet-based company?
No. We know everyone has a different goal and a unique situation, so you can meet with us in person.
Will you show me more than one option?
We will show you the best programs and rates that suit your needs. And, we will explain all of your options in terms you can understand.
Does my credit score affect my loan application?
Yes! Any changes to your financial situation during the loan process could negatively
impact you. Download our Home Buyers Handbook to see what's best to do — and not do — when applying for a loan.
What proof of income do I need if I work for a company?
- Copies of your two most recent pay-stubs
- Copies of your W-2 forms for the past two years
- Two months bank statements — all pages
- Names and addresses of all employers for the last two years
- Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2 years
- Work visa or green card (copy front & back)
What proof of income do I need if I’m self-employed?
- Complete tax returns for the last two years (Including attached schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension.)
- Year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement
- K-1s for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years
Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements and addenda for the last two years. (Only if your ownership position is 25% or greater)
What information do I need for the property I’m buying?
- Copy of signed sales contract — including all riders
- Verification of the deposit you placed on the property
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all realtors, builders, insurance agents and attorneys involved
- Copy of Listing Sheet and legal description if available (For a condominium, please provide condominium declaration, by-laws and most recent budget)
Will I need an appraisal of the property I'm buying?
Yes. A home appraisal is a required part of the loan process and is conducted by a
certified appraiser. The appraiser's job is to provide an objective, impartial and
unbiased assessment of the property's fair market value.
Nearly stress-free lending is only a phone call or click away.
Call 860 306-1666 to speak with a mortgage finance specialist about your unique financial situation. Or, fill out our basic application form so we can start you on your way to the custom loan program that’s right for you.